The RTS TriggerShield™ was invented by Donald N. Richetti and Ryan D. Richetti to reduce the risk of unintentional discharge of firearms. With fit, form, and function input from military, law enforcement and civilian firearm experts, the RTS TriggerShield™ was designed for maximum protection with minimum effort.
The RTS TriggerShield™ protects the trigger from unintentional contact without hindering the operator’s ability to purposefully access the trigger. The operator simply slides the trigger finger underneath the spring-loaded cover for access to the trigger. When the operator is finished firing, removing the trigger finger from the trigger well allows the cover to close automatically, returning the RTS TriggerShield™ to its resting protective position. The RTS TriggerShield™ is designed with ease of use in mind, can be used with or without gloves, and is made from “Mil-Spec” materials for use in the most extreme and unforgiving environments.
The RTS TriggerShield™ provides constant protection against inadvertent contact with the trigger that can, and does, cause unintentional discharge. Order your RTS TriggerShield™ today! Don’t forget to secure your military or law enforcement preferred pricing. Contact us today to schedule a demo.
- Richetti Tactical Solutions (RTS), LLC is a veteran-owned small business headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.
- RTS created a first-of-its-kind tactical safety device to prevent unintentional contact with the trigger without impeding quick, easy, and tactical trigger access.
- The RTS TriggerShield™ was created around two driving principles: (1) Protect the trigger from any unintentional contact, (2) Do so without diminishing the operator’s tactical ability…not even a little.
- The flagship device is the RTS TriggerShield™ TSM4. Designed for the standard AR-15/M4 rifle, the TSM4 is the first production unit in a line of popular Military, Law Enforcement, and civilian weapons for which specific RTS TriggerShield™ models are currently in development.
- Made in the USA, RTS is both manufacturing the RTS TriggerShield™ TSM4 for sale as well as considering non-exclusive patent licenses with established firearm/firearm accessory manufacturers.
- RTS is the sole owner of U.S. patent nos. 9,958,225 and 10,514,221 for a firearm safety device that protects the trigger from unintentional contact and discharge. The patent covers adaptation of the product for a full range of other firearm configurations.
RTS TriggerShield™ was designed by experienced shooters and tested/perfected by active and former Special Operations Forces and Law Enforcement Officers.Expert Advisors
The RTS Management Team
Chief Executive Officer:
Donald N. Richetti
Chief Operating Officer:
Ryan D. Richetti
After obtaining Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in History from St. Bonaventure University, Don Richetti joined the US Navy as an Naval Flight Officer. Upon earning his wings, he became a Radar Intercept Officer (RIO) flying the F-4 J/S Phantom. He served eight years, ending his career as a Lieutenant Commander and Aide-de-Camp at the Inter-American Defense College.
Ryan D. Richetti holds a Master’s of Business Administration from George Mason University and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Furman University.
During his military service, he was awarded the Marksmanship Medal, Pistol; the Joint Services Commendation Medal; the Navy Achievement Medal; the Sea Service Medal; and the Inter-American Defense Medal.
An entrepreneur with a broad scope of business experience, Mr. Richetti has compiled an excellent track record of developing opportunities and strategic partnerships throughout the public and private sectors. His professional career began as a continuation of his experience and network as a private diplomatic security and diplomatic affairs consultant in Washington, D.C.
The second chapter of his career involved leading industry trade associations, among them the Automotive Hall of Fame, the American Culinary Federation, and the Association of Old Crows, representing the Electronic Warfare industry.
|Experienced with weapons both professionally and recreationally, Mr. Richetti co-developed the RTS TriggerShieldTM as a device to improve weapon security, safety, and confidence for all skill levels of shooters. His aim is to ensure that every weapon is used properly and that every time a shooter fires his/her weapon they always and only — Shoot On Purpose.
After retiring in 2013 he obtained a Federal Firearms License to pursue a life-long love for shooting sports and firearm safety. The RTS TriggerShield™ represents his desire to make recreational and tactical use of weapons safer by reducing accidental discharges and the resulting injuries.